Monday, October 23, 2006

Godavari


Godavari - It’s a beautiful feeling. After a long period, I saw a good movie, a movie which makes you happy for watching it, and after watching it. I just sat there and I really lost myself to it.

The story, the screenplay, the music, the dialogs, the actors, the camera, the boat, the river - everything is beautiful and sweet. Everything.

I am not going to tell the story. This is not a spoiler as, personally, I hate to listen to a story before I watch a movie. All I want to say is it is a great movie and every one who like good movies should watch it and it deserves a special recognition and a separate post from me ;)


Few things I liked in the movie (not in the order of my liking)

1. Location and Camera - the Cinematographer must be a highly talented guy to show a normal boat and plain river to look that good.

2. Animated characters: Amazing. Just too good. They come only for short period, yet in right places and make your life lighter. I especially liked the dialogs of the dog. Heard that it was voiced by the director. In a scene, a boy (whom the dog calls master) feeds a dosa and the dog says, “u r not a human, master - a Dog ,err sorry, a God!”. “I will be with you always, at the time of needy, (+ something)” Then to itself: did I promise extra?? Hey leave it, lets see when time comes (something like that)”. The original telugu dialog is really fun to hear. I also liked the conversation between our dog and another well – breed Dog. And the exchanges between parrot and our dog. Really cool ones.

3. Dialogs (of humans ;) ). :: Short n sweet.

4. The expressions of the heroin (Kamalinee Mukherjee,) - cute

Apart from this, the movie has neither vulgar language or A-rated jokes nor obscene scenes. Not that I don't like them ;), yet nice to see a movie without them. Till now, this directer -Sekhar Kammula's previous movie ANAND was my all time favorite. My opinion is set to change.

Overall a good, decent, sweet and a must movie.

4 comments:

Chax said...

maccheee .. i'll make it a point to watch it sometime.
thanx for the post.

RP said...

same thut as that of chax maams. wil try 2 watch it. now that i have only those pictures @ my disposal. :-)

Prakash Venkat said...

I downloaded this movie and saw it again here :)

Prakash Venkat said...

Its time to update ur blog :)