Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Read to live,not live to Read

"Master Books,but donot let them master you.- Read to live,not live to Read".

"The good of a book lies in its being read. A book is made up of signs that speak of other signs, which in their turn speak of things. Without an eye to read them, a book contains signs that produce no concepts; therefore it is dumb." -Umberto Eco.


Looking Back, I realize that, Reading Novels had been my favourite and the only past time. I can even tell that its my only hobby but i hesitate to do that whenever i recollect the phrase "There is a slim difference between Hobby and mental illness".

Whatever it is, now i want to list down allthe novels i have read till now.This Crazy idea crept into my mind while i was trying to update the "Books I Like" link in my 360'. Suddenly i realized that there are too many favorites. Too many favorite books, too many favorite authors, all varying from time to time. Some consistently scored in my heart, Some made me something out of me by the time i finished them. Its a complex graph. Some are consistent and some attain pinnacle with a single book (depends on which of his u read first). for instance, Michael Crichton is my all time favorite. i read all most all of his except for Eaters of dead and Rising sun. Books like Jurassic park, Lost worls, Time line were read and reread a lot. I learnt chaos theory and quantum theory from his books more clearly. Still Godfather is my fastest read (twice non-stop).But still not all Puzo's are of my liking. Ofcourse there are book which played with my emotions. Who doesn't luv Erich Segal , the creator of eternals like The Class,Doctors, LoveStory. These books really left some impressions in my heart and made me something in life. Yes, i am realizing it now. I was getting to grow and getting matured along with books. Far away from home, with absolutely no expose to my community through my siblings or relatives, i grew with these books. First it was alister machlein , and other pulpfictions. Then came SS ,Ken follet, and others. Then came the people like John Grisham, M Crichton who fed my mind and people like E segal who fed my heart. Then there are other books like those self help, positive attitude building books which had contributed in its own way.


ok enough of my thoughts.lemme put my idea into action. so these are the books i have read till now. Surely i forgot most of them , but i will keep appending them as i recollect and with the new ones as i read them. Here i Go...


Michael Crichton

1. Jurassic Park
2. The Lost World
3. Congo
4. TimeLine
5. Airframe
6. The Andromeda strain
7. Disclosure
8. Sphere
9. The Terminal man
10.The Great Train robbery
11.State of Fear
-----------
John Grisham

1. A Time to Kill
2. The Firm
3. The pelican Brief
4. The Client
5. The Partner
6. The Testament
7. The Brethren
8. The Summons
9. The Last Juror
10.



-------------

Jeffrey Archer

1. Not a penny more Not a penny less
2. Kane and Abel
3. The prodigal Daughter
4. Shall we tell the President
5. First Among Equals
6. A matter of Honour
7. Honour among Thieves
8. The Eleventh Commandement
9. Sons of fortune
10.

----------
Eric Segal
1. The class
2. Love Story
3. Oliver's Story
4. Doctors
5. Acts of Faith
6.


-----------------

Sidney Shelton
1. If tomorrow Comes
2. Memories of midnight
3. The Other side of the midnight
4. Tell me your Dreams
5. Master of the Game
6. Nothing Lasts for ever
7. Rage of Angels
8. Morning noon and night
9. Dooms day conspiracy
10.

--------------
Ken Follet
1. Jackdaws
2. The Eye of the Needle
3. The Third Twin
4. Codeto Zero
5. Hornet Flight
----------------
Frederick Forsyth

1. The Day of The Jackel
2. The Devils Alternative

-------------------
Robert Ludlum

1. The Bourne Identity
2. The Sigma Protocol

------------------
James Patterson

1. Along came a spider
2.
------------------------

Others:
1. The Rule of Four : Ian Cladwell and Dustin Thomason
2. The touch of a Stranger :
3.

to be added.........

1 comment:

JP said...

what a cool list saka!