Tuesday, October 10, 2006

G-Sheets

Past couple of days, all I am doing is maintaining spreadsheets.

In my office, the Linux work which I was doing went to QE and they found enough bugs. It’s a buggy life after all! My manger, before going on his vacation, told me to coordinate the fixes and delivering the fixed build to QE. From then on, I am coordinating with excel, :) with lot of color schemes, remarks, corrections, blah blah blah ..

On the other hand, p9 too needed some attention from me. Sri was telling me his idea about collective fund rising. But his initial idea of asking people to fill in exact-committed amount and getting them regularly didn't appeal to me much. So I proposed an alternative where a GSheet will be sent to the group every month and every one will fill in their contributions for that month. Since I proposed, I did that GSheet work.

GSheet is Google spreadsheet. Its pretty cool and very useful if you want to share among friends or groups so that multiple people can update simultaneously. Whereas an attached excel sheet fails if the group needs to update them simultaneously.

Also the sharing options are good. We can allow some people to edit and some people to read only. We can always pull back the options.

I kinda like the GSheets . Guess it is pretty useful if you want to keep some accounting information online.

Ofcourse it is Google ;)

No comments: