Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Flexible or Indecisive

Am I a personality of Indecisiveness or Flexibility ?.
This is the question that is eating my brain since two weeks.What am I.
Lot of happenings in this month. Lot of important decisions to be made.
Decisions involving my career and my life. Decisions affecting me and my
friends
Decisions involving my parents too. But am I happy with the decisions.
Firstof all am I taking Decisions?? or am I leaving to time to take its
own course.
Lemme attempt to find out ...
Its all started when I joined my job in Bangalore. Till then, I was a
happy-go guy living life as it is.
After joining in Blore for job , I was happy for two months. I went
around for trips,treks with my good friends and everything was totally
fine.
Then I became uncomfortable with the job. I am not exactly sure what
made me uncomfortable.
Was it that all my other friends were enjoying their life with cool jobs
and me getting fried even on weekends.
Or was it that my friend was convincing me every other night that
Regression is junk and development as good.
Or was it that my heart really wanted a cool / development job in big
company ??
Or was it that I wanted to get out of my house , making job-shift as a
reason ?
I really don't know.
But I started disliking my job for reasons which I feel silly now..
I really went weary of my current job in the initial months itself not
because job was bad but due to a lot of other unnecessary factors
Only thing , I felt them unnecessary only a bit late. But I started the
job search and after xsome ups and downs I got one in com1(say).
com1 is in new domain but has the lucratives of big banner and
comfortable job.
I definitely needed some rest and time for myself since my current job
robs both of them.
Then I informed my current company regarding my decision and sort of
declined the profile change offer
which is what exactly I initially wanted. I really didn't give time for
myself to make a decision.
I informed in current company because incase i need to join com1 , i
need to give one month notice.
When I informed my company , I wasn't sure i want to shift my job
(Irony??).
Now I want to stay in this domain itself. So I applied for Com2 which
works in this domain.
I really didn't do well in their interview. Still they are ready to
offer me.
Now Where should I go. Com1 gives good sal and a good brand. Com2 gives
good work domain.
Do I really know what I want. Will I take a decision atleast now ??

The second Indecisiveness/Flexibleness is in Househunt.
I can either stay alone in Whitefield or with a friend in Marathahalli.
I am flexible that i can stay alone or adjust with someone.
I am indecisive whether i really want to stay alone or with someone.
When I was totally unhappy with my current house (sometime last
september/october) I made an emotional
decision that I will stay alone. I took a decision because noone can
pain me when i am alone.
After a long time , after the wounds are healed, after i learnt to
survive dominators,
things were changed to the extent that the room became a happy place to
live.
Then a good friend of mine joined us in our room. Now I have an option
of sharing house in a new place.
Actually that is what exactly I wanted one year back. I wanted him to
come early so that I can move out with him.
I was even praying that he should get job very fast so that I can decide
on house shift !!!.
Now when there is an option of we sharing a house, I am confused.
The option is whether to share with him or go alone to whitefield.
Going alone looks fine when I think of peaceful life, learning a lot for
life like cooking, health, games, Gym.
I can buy things and keep collecting them.
Sharing with him is better because thats is what I really wanted.A good
roommate is definitely is a gift.
I can still in touch with jai and other friends, in touch with city, etc...
But I am confused? In a indecisive ? In other words, I want to keep my
options open. ?????
Anyhow I asked him for a time frame so that i will not waste his
plans.So a quick decision will be made shortly.

God , Please be with me .Give me options only in those things were I can
take proper decisions... :-)

Third thing is the most imp decision to take. This is for life. May be i
will put it on words some time later ...

2 comments:

JP said...

Saka.. i think you have perfectly put into words what i belive is the experience of many people.

with your career.. you are the best judge.. but when it comes to living alone trust me.. its great to have a good flat mate! Living alone is not as cool as one probably thinks!(especially if you like being with people)

Prakash Venkat said...

Hmmmmm ..... me confused little .... "Dominators" word scared me bit , but SIL .... Have a great time in ur New work and New Place .......